1 Innovative Practice
So far, we have read the concept of water conservation and its method to save more water. Now let’s come to understand the other innovative water conservation practices in India.
- This technique is designed for small-scale farmers who can’t afford costly diesel motors; this arrangement can bring a flow of 100 litres per minute.
- These pumps are also friendly for women, kids, and older people who found operating hand pumps in the bend position.
- This technology utilizes human power generated by pedalling a bicycle to lift water from ponds, canals, and wells.
- When the cycle pedalled, it creates an up and down motion of pistons which pressurizes water flow.
- It is a non-polluting and environment- friendly device. It requires less maintenance, and minimum input energy is required to get the maximum output of water.
- This device can be transported easily from one place to another. People can also use the system in a flour mill.