4.3 Edible Straws & Cutlery
- India based NOM company has created edible straws made from wheat and rice flours, vegetable oil, sugar and flavouring.
- The straws have FSSAI approved 100% biodegradable and tasty snacks for beverages.
- Different flavours of straw-like vanilla, butterscotch, mint, chocolate and lemon-citrus are available in the market.
- They also made ice cream sticks and spoons, flavoured edible coffee, and cocktail stirrers apart from the straws.
Why is it important for people to know about this straw?
- Since we all know, plastic straws are never degraded in the environment. Other options such as paper straws that don’t last long in liquids and bamboo straws are cleaning hazards.
- On the other hand, these ready to eat straws, similar to bakery items, wouldn’t require any composting facility if thrown away and biodegradable.
What is the NOM?
- Nom was established in September 2018, and now they are a team of 6 people.
- Nom is an innovative sustainable edible solutions company aiming to substitute single-use disposables with green, sustainable and eco-friendly solutions.